EDEN SUSTAINABILITY DECLARATION
We acknowledge that:
- Scientific evidence shows that finite resource depletion and climate change are occurring, and that the current economic activity is unsustainable.
- Global resource depletion and climate change will likely have far reaching effects on people and places, economies, societies and habitats.
- Sustainable fish populations are integral to healthy ecosystems and a more sustainable planet.
- The social, economic and environmental benefits associated with more sustainable business activities.
- Evidence-based research and development which helps to identify ways in which the angling trades can become more sustainable.
From this date_______________________we voluntarily commit our organisation to:
Publicly declare to work towards activities which increase the local, national and global sustainability of our business activities, especially to:
- Design out waste in all new product development;
- Reduce greenhouse gases and other negative environmental impacts;
- Reduce carbon-based (non-renewable) energy use;
- Increase resource efficiency and material recycling
- Work collaboratively with our supply / value chain on sustainability initiatives;
- Promote the responsible use of our products and services; and
- Monitor our progress against these commitments.
To download the Declaration wording for signature and display purposes click here